STCW Ship Security Officer (SSO)
The Ship Security Officer (SSO) course is fully accredited by the UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and is designed to meet the requirements of the International Ship & Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will be provided with a MCA approved Ship Security Officer Certificate.
Ship Security Officer Course Learning Objectives:
- Understanding definitions of key acronyms
- Familiarisation and understanding of the ISPS Code including application
- Key roles and responsibilities of Contracting Governments
- Understanding the process and application of the ship/port and ship/ship interface
- The content and the relationship between the Ship Security Assessment and the Ship Security Plan
- Verification and Certification for ships
- Training, Drills and Exercises and their frequency
- Methodology of instructional Search and Profiling Techniques
- Records and record keeping
- Threat awareness and contingency planning
- High risk area awareness and the implementation of Best Management Practice
Students are assessed by multiple-choice/open book written assessment.
2 days, starting hour: 0800