STCW Medical First Aid (MFA)
This course is in accordance with regulation VI/4 (1-3) of the STCW Code and gives knowledge on how to perform first aid actions in the event of accidents and illnesses onboard ships covering:
- Undertaking actions in first aid in particular carrying out CPR cardio-pulmonary resuscitation of adults
- Identifying and fixing bone fractures
- Stopping bleeding from venous and arterial haemorrhage
- Diagnosis and medicating frostbite
- Preparing injured for transport (injured with suspected spinal injuries included)
Delegates must have valid STCW Basic Training in Elementary First Aid.
Test examination and practical assessments.
2 days, starting hour: 0800