HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF)
This 3 day First Aid at Work qualification is a competency based course, which will train learners in both theoretical and practical aspects of First Aid to the standards required by the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This training course is recommended for all industry sectors were a nominated first aider is required in the workplace following a risk assessment. On completion of the course each learner will be able to carry out their duties as the nominated first aider.
Learners will upskill over a wide range of first aid emergencies, enabling them to respond with confidence during an emergency situation carrying out the correct and effective procedures. On successful completion of this course attendees will achieve a high level of First Aid.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Emergency first aid in the workplace
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with minor injury
- Recognition and management of illness and injury in the workplace
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Administer first aid to a casualty with suspect burns and scalds
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with a suspected major illness
Practical observation, Written/Oral questioning & Accident Report Form.
3 days, starting hour: 0800
Minimum 5 students