HABC Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF)
This Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is a 1 day training course which was introduced to replace the former ‘Appointed Person’ course. It is recommended for all industry sectors where an organisation’s risk assessment of First Aid needs identifies that there is a requirement for Emergency First Aid at Work practitioners, then this national Award in Emergency First Aid at Work satisfies the requirements of the regulatory body for First Aid – the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
During this 1-Day First Aid at Work Training Course students will learn how to cope with life threatening first aid emergencies, enabling them to respond with confidence during an emergency situation carrying out the correct and effective procedures.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Scene Assessment
- Preventing cross infection
- Primary Survey
- CPR – Chest compression rate, depth and tempo
- Catastrophic bleeding management
- Shock management (including Seizures)
- Spinal Injury Management
- Choking Adult
- Minor cuts, scrapes, bruises
- First Aid in the Workplace Regulations
- Assessment of needs of the Workplace
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
Practical observation, Written/Oral questioning & Accident Report Form.
1 day, starting hour: 0800
Minimum 5 students