Company Security Officer (CSO)
The informative course aims to educate you on all aspects of CSOs responsibilities as defined in the ISPS Code. In particular the duties and responsibilities of a CSO with respect to the security of the ship, for ensuring the development, implementation, maintenance and updating a Ship Security Plan and for liaising with the Ship Security Officers (SSOs) and Facility Security Officers (FSOs).
- Principles and Responsibilities of the ISPS Code
- Company security plans
- Understand and implement security levels
- Develop and maintain ship access control measures
- Search mechanisms and security control policies
- Ship security assessments and risk analysis
- Monitor the performance of Ships Security Officers
Students are assessed by multiple-choice/open book written assessment.
3 days, starting hour: 0800